Saluting Our Volunteers: It's National Volunteer Week
April 22, 2013 - This week, April 21-27, is National Volunteer Week, and EAA would like to give special recognition to EAA volunteers on all levels of the organization for the tremendous contributions they provide to EAA's viability and success.
More than 4,800 volunteers make EAA AirVenture Oshkosh a success each year. EAA's growth is built on that and many other volunteer efforts that help us meet challenges and accomplish our goals.
Here are just a few other ways that EAA benefits from volunteers:
- EAA chapter officers provide the leadership for our nearly 1,000 chapters
- Chapter members organize the local fly-ins, pancake breakfasts, and other aviation events
- EAA members fly tens of thousands of Young Eagles each year
- Technical counselors and flight advisors help make building and flying safer for others
- EAA AirVenture Museum docents provide assistance and information to our museum visitors all year
- Pioneer Airport staff help operate the unique EAA attraction each summer
- Volunteers help at the Kermit Weeks Hangar, Christmas in the Air, on the AirVenture grounds, and during the many EAA activities that occur year-round.
Volunteering takes time, energy, and commitment. We are grateful that so many EAA members and supporters offer all these virtues to the organization each year.
On behalf of EAA staff and members, thank you for all that you do. EAA wouldn't be possible without you!
Are you interested in volunteering with EAA? Check out the many opportunities available!