EAA Family Flightfest Fosters Excitement in Aviation
Kids of all ages discover the wonder of flight at EAA's Family Flightfest.
February 13, 2013 - Kick off springtime by discovering the exciting world of aviation with an interactive, educational family experience at EAA's Family Flightfest, scheduled for Saturday, March 2, and Sunday, March 3, at the EAA AirVenture Museum in Oshkosh.
From 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day, the museum's younger visitors can enjoy a variety of aviation-related activities that will educate and spark their curiosity in flight. Those who attend can participate in these activities:
- Experience the thrill of flying in the Wright Flyer and Hot Seat simulators
- Parachute an egg safely to the ground in the "Houston, We May Have an Omelet" egg-drop challenge
- Build your own specially designed paper airplane and enter it in contests featuring the new, improved paper airplane launcher
- Explore the museum in the Stamp Scavenger Hunt
- Watch kid-friendly movies in the Skyscape Theater
- Watch radio-controlled flying and model-making demonstrations
- Kids assemble and fly a model glider they can keep
- Enjoy activities and exhibits in the KidVenture Gallery
"Family Flightfest is a great way to discover the limitless opportunities the world of aviation has to offer," said Bob Campbell, EAA's director of the AirVenture Museum and museum education. "Families will enjoy activities together in our world-class museum dedicated to recreational flight and aviation innovations."
Lunch will be available for purchase each day between 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
All of the above activities are included with regular admission (adults, $12.50; seniors age 62-plus, $10.50; students age 6-17, $9.50; children age 5 and under, free; family rate of two adults plus children, $31). The MaxFlight Simulator located in the KidVenture wing of the museum is available for an additional $6.
As always, EAA members receive free museum admission. Non-members can purchase a $50 family membership and enjoy Family Flightfest as well as many other member benefits that includes everyone in your household.