Discover the Excitement of Aviation at EAA's Family Flight Fest
March 1, 2012 – Kick off springtime by discovering the exciting world of aviation with an interactive, educational family experience at EAA's Family Flight Fest, scheduled for Saturday and Sunday, March 24-25, at the EAA AirVenture Museum in Oshkosh.
From 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day, the museum's younger visitors can enjoy a variety of aviation-related activities that will educate and spark their curiosity in flight. Thanks to a $2,500 grant through the Community Foundation of the Fox Valley, expanded attractions such as the following await those who attend and participate:
- Experience the thrill of flying in the Wright Flyer and Hot Seat simulators
- Parachute an egg safely to the ground in the "Houston, We May Have an Omelet" egg drop challenge
- Build your own specially designed paper airplane and enter it in contests featuring the new, improved paper airplane launcher
- Explore the museum in the Stamp Scavenger Hunt
- Watch kid-friendly movies in the Skyscape Theater
- Watch radio-controlled flying and model-making demonstrations
- Assemble and fly a free glider
- Enjoy activities and exhibits in the KidVenture Gallery
"Family Flight Fest is a great way to discover the limitless opportunities the world of aviation has to offer," said Bob Campbell, EAA's manager of museum operations and resident education. "Families will enjoy activities together in our world-class museum dedicated to recreational flight and aviation innovations."
Lunch will be available for purchase each day between 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
As always, EAA members are admitted free to the EAA AirVenture Museum. The MaxFlight Simulator located in the KidVenture wing of the museum is also available for an additional $6. For more information, click here or call 920-426-6135.