Discover the Excitement of Aviation at EAA's Family Flight Fest on March 24-25
Interactive, educational weekend at AirVenture Museum will spark interest in flight
February 27, 2012 - Kick off springtime by discovering the exciting world of aviation with an interactive, educational family experience at EAA's Family Flight Fest, scheduled for Saturday, March 24, and Sunday, March 25, at EAA AirVenture Museum in Oshkosh.
From 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day, the museum's younger visitors can enjoy a variety of aviation-related activities that will educate and spark their curiosity in flight. Thanks to a $2,500 grant through the Community Foundation of the Fox Valley, expanded attractions such as the following await those attend and participate:
- Experience the thrill of flying in the Wright Flyer and Hot Seat simulators
- Parachute an egg safely to the ground in the "Houston, We May Have an Omelet" egg drop challenge
- Build your own specially designed paper airplane and enter it in contests featuring the new, improved paper airplane launcher
- Explore the museum in the Stamp Scavenger Hunt
- Watch kid-friendly movies in the Skyscape Theater
- Watch radio-controlled flying and model-making demonstrations
- Assemble and fly a free glider
- Enjoy activities and exhibits in the KidVenture Gallery
"Family Flight Fest is a great way to discover the limitless opportunities the world of aviation has to offer," said Bob Campbell, EAA's Manager of Museum Operations and Resident Education. "Families will enjoy activities together in our world-class museum dedicated to recreational flight and aviation innovations."
Lunch will be available for purchase each day between 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
All of the above activities are included with regular admission (adults, $9.75; seniors age 62+, $8.50; students age 6-17, $7; children age 5 and under, free; family rate of two adults plus children, $22). As always, EAA members are admitted free to the EAA AirVenture Museum. The MaxFlight Simulator located in the KidVenture wing of the museum is also available for an additional $6.
Visit www.airventuremuseum.org or call (920) 426-6135 for more information.
About EAA AirVenture Museum
The EAA AirVenture Museum is located just off Highway 41 at the Highway 44 exit in Oshkosh. The Museum is open Monday through Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on Sundays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. EAA members receive free museum admission year-round. For more information, call the EAA AirVenture Museum at (920) 426-6108 or visit www.airventuremuseum.org.
EDITOR'S NOTE: Images of the previous Family Flight Fests are available at EAA's FTP website:
http://media.eaa.org Username: eaamedia Password: airventure2012