By Reggie Paulk, Editor – In the Loop
The U.S. National aerobatic competition came to its conclusion on September 28, and what a contest it was this year!
For the first time since many can remember, we had glider competitors in every category from Sportsman through Unlimited. Jason Stephens took his fourth Unlimited glider championship trophy home, and Rob Holland followed up last year's Unlimited power championship with another win.
This year was team selection year for the Unlimited World Aerobatic Team. Next year's Worlds will be held right here in the U.S. at the same location as Nationals, so it will be an exciting year no doubt. Following is a list of our new Unlimited team, as well as a list of the winners from each category. Congratulations to all who won and thank you to all the volunteers and competitors for making it a successful contest!
US Unlimited Team:• Rob Holland
• Goody Thomas
• David Martin
• Michael Racy
• Nikolai Timofeev
• Debby Rihn-Harvey
• Robert Armstrong
• Melissa Pemberton
• Hector Ramirez - First Alternate
• Michael Steveson - Team Manager
National Champions per category:• Unlimited Power: Rob Holland
• Unlimited Glider: Jason Stephens
• Advanced Power: Patrick Clark
• Advanced Glider: Conner Deebel (U.S. Air Force Academy)
• Intermediate Power: Stanley Moye
• Intermediate Glider: James Bloch (U.S. Air Force Academy)
• Sportsman Power: Paul Thomson
• Sportsman Glider: Eric Stubblefield (U.S. Air Force Academy)
• Primary Power: Ben Thomas (University of North Dakota)