Your EAA Powered Parachute and WSC Trike Insurance Plan
By Bob Mackey, representative for the EAA Aircraft Insurance Plan, Administered by Falcon Insurance Agency
May 14, 2009 — Powered parachutes and weight-shift control (WSC) trikes provide EAA members and others with endless hours of fun flying. EAA has always been committed to working with the insurance industry to make insurance coverage for all segments of recreational aviation through the EAA Aircraft Insurance Plan and Falcon Insurance Agency. With the growth of the Sport Pilot/Light-Sport Aircraft category, the EAA plan developed an avenue offering valuable insurance coverage for these types of flying.
Unlike previous insurance offerings that have come and gone for these types of aircraft, EAA established a set of mandatory requirements before EAA would allow the insurance to be available to its members. Here is the checklist of requirements that were set and accomplished:
- Domestic (U.S.-based) insurance company*
- Insurance for Pilots - from students on up
- Liability insurance…INCLUDING PASSENGERS
- Insurance for personal use, flight instruction, and sales demonstration
- Physical damage insurance for the aircraft
- Ground only
- All risks (flight, taxi, trailering, and ground)
- Up to three pilots on each policy
- Coverage available for specified types (the following are currently available)
- Trikes - AirCreation, Airborne, Apollo, North Wing, DTA, Control Trikes, and P&M
- PPCs - Powrachute, Six Chuter, Summit, Infinity, Heldeberg (Blue Heron), Buckeye, Harmeing, Soaring Concepts, Hughes Aero, and Destiny
* Insurance coverage is currently not issued in Alaska, Hawaii, Montana, West Virginia, Louisiana, New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, and Maine.
If you are flying a PPC or trike you need protection. When you buy your insurance through EAA’s PPC and WSC Trike Insurance Plan you are achieving three important objectives:
You are protecting yourself and your investment
You are helping to support the EAA member safety and education programs, and
You are helping to ensure the future availability of this EAA member benefit.
Protect yourself, support EAA, and help grow the EAA PPC and Trike Insurance Plan!
If you would like to get a FREE quote for insurance in the EAA PPC and Trike Insurance Plan go online at www.eaainsurance.org or you may call the EAA Plan at 1-866-647-4EAA (4322).