Open Position - Web Developer or Senior Web Developer
Title: Web Developer or Senior Web Developer
Department: Digital Media
Reports To: Manager, Digital Media
Status: Full-time, exempt
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Individual researches and develops tools and technologies as required to support web initiatives and business requirements. Analyzes and evaluates software available in the marketplace and determines suitability for purpose. Gathers information from business units and end users to identify system requirements and problems; develops, tests, and integrates web technology solutions
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with Marketing and Information Technology to develop high quality corporate, Internet, Intranet and Extranet systems.
- Creates web models or prototypes that include physical, interface, logical or data models.
- Leads the development standards and project development for EAA's SiteCore-based web presence.
- Takes on a Project Manager role in digital initiatives as needed.
- Creates/acquires tools, widgets and technology that support business requirements.
- Assists with consistent deployment of technology across multiple web properties.
- Researches, documents, rates and selects alternatives for web architecture or technologies.
- Selects programming languages, design tools, or applications.
- Tests, debugs, and documents code changes.
- Assists with web policy and standards definition.
- Maintains current knowledge of state-of-the art technology and industry trends and best practices pertaining directly to EAA systems.
- Designs and builds reusable modules to be used throughout our web sites
- Designs, codes and debugs business applications based on defined requirements and specifications.
- Creates queries and stored procedures, as required.
- Develops new database-driven web applications and websites.
- Performs day-to-day updates and edits to existing web content, as required.
- Maintains and enhances EAA's existing websites and components.
- Tests, troubleshoots and builds interface prototypes.
- Implements coding and development standards and best practices.
- Provides design and code reviews to project teams.
- Works collaboratively with clients to better understand and refine requirements .
- Establishes and maintains a methodology and repository for reusable code definition, storage and retrieval.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent years of industry experience A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Minimum 4 years experience in web and software development, including in-depth knowledge of software development lifecycle principles, methods, practices and tools, industry standards and trends.
- Knowledge of approaches to Content Management and E-Commerce.
- Assist in the maintenance of existing ASP/VB/.Net applications.
- Experience developing/selecting web technology and tools along with mobile web applications in a production environment is required.
- Experience with modern UI patters and UX design.
- Highly developed interpersonal communication skills, including strong presentation skills.
- Experience in Microsoft .NET Framework and Microsoft Visual Studio required.
- Understanding of front-end performance testing and optimization techniques
- Ability to convert Photoshop mockups to valid cross-browser web
- Strong working knowledge of standards-compliant web development ( HTML, XML/XSLT, XHTML, CSS, HTML5) required.
- Agile experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of online video, interface design, search engine optimization preferred.
- CMS experience (SiteCore preferred)
- Some experience managing technical projects. Ability to meet the demands of multiple projects and deadlines effectively with minimal supervision.
- Experience designing and developing responsive and mobile apps.
- Experience with relational database design and administration (Microsoft SQL)
- Experience with front-end processing/functionality with restful services (e.q. JSON, XML)
- Understanding of front-end development best practices (accessibility, 508/WCAG compliance, performance optimization, SEO)
Typical office setting. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Analyze Issues: Gathers and analyzes the most critical information needed to understand problems; probes and looks past symptoms to determine underlying causes of problems and issues; integrates information from a variety of sources to arrive at optimal solutions; detects inaccuracies or flaws in reasoning; defines reasonable alternatives to resolve problems.
Attention to Details: Completes and maintains high level of accuracy of even the smallest aspects of assigned tasks; tolerates significant amounts of detailed work; consistently reviews work to detect errors; quickly and accurately identifies differences when comparing letters, objects, numbers, symbols and/or patterns.
Establish Trust: Demonstrates principled leadership and sound business ethics; shows consistency among principles, values, and behavior; gains the confidence and trust of others through their own authenticity and follow-through on commitments; works to establish an environment where uncompromising integrity is the norm.
Foster Open Communication: Establishes communication vehicles, structures, and processes; interacts with people openly and directly; proactively shares timely information and seeks honest viewpoints creating an environment where people share their ideas and opinions, even when they disagree.
Learn Continuously: Engages in a continuous learning process by focusing on top-priority learning objectives; spends time each day on learning and development; reflects on both successful and unsuccessful experiences; learns from others' feedback and ideas and transfers learning into next steps.
Leverage Innovation: Recognizes new ideas, gets behind them and makes them a reality; stimulates creativity and innovation in others; challenges the way it has always been done; encourage questions, feels comfortable talking about options that don't currently exist, refrains from cynical and negative comments and knows how to try out new ideas in a pragmatic way.
Make Sound Decisions: Brings to bear the appropriate knowledge and expertise in making decisions; considers alternate solutions before making decisions; bases decisions on sound logic and rationale; advances problems toward resolution when encountering ambiguity or uncertainty; chooses the best alternative based on consideration of pros, cons, tradeoffs, timing and available resources; makes timely decisions on problems and issues requiring immediate attention; makes sounds decisions on complex issues and problems.
Technical/Functional Expertise: Keeps up-to-date on technical knowledge and developments; stay informed about industry practices, standards and trends. (Technical knowledge may include knowledge of how machines, tools and equipment operate); provides technical expertise and guidance in the field; accesses and uses other expert resources, when appropriate; and presents technical information clearly.
Please direct any employment questions to email@example.com.
You also may mail your application, resume, and cover letter to our office:
Experimental Aircraft Association
P.O. Box 3086
Oshkosh, WI 54903-3086
Equal Opportunity Employer