Open Volunteer Position - Pioneer Airport Flight Line Ground Crew
Title: Pioneer Airport Flight Line Ground Crew
Department: Pioneer Airport
Reports To: Manager, Pioneer Airport & Director, Flight Operations
Status: Volunteer - Weekend/Weekday Seasonal
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Provides operational support for EAA's Pioneer Airport. Responsible for safe coordination of ground support and passenger support activities around Pioneer Aircraft. Pioneer Airport is a multi-task environment with a "team" atmosphere in which grounds volunteers are cross-trained in all tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Work with office staff, pilots, and passengers to safely coordinate passenger loading/unloading for flight operations
- Attend required training programs.
- Maintain a safe and vigilant attitude towards all operations at the airport. Work with others to ensure that safety is paramount in each flight operation.
- Assist with upkeep and cleanliness of aircraft and grounds.
- Assist with various other day-to-day duties associated with the operation of Pioneer Airport. Examples of these duties include: passenger tram operation, office staffing for ticket sales, hangar maintenance, moving aircraft, general cleaning, and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Flight line ground crew age requirement: 16 - 18 years with parental consent and medical release, else 18 years and older.
- Must attend relevant training sessions
- Must be comfortable spending hours outdoors (summer heat, sun, wind exposure)
TIME COMMITMENT FOR VOLUNTEER ELIGIBILITY
We ask that all volunteers average a minimum of four days of service per month for the entire Pioneer Airport season, except during the 10 days when Pioneer Airport operations close for the AirVenture Convention, plus any additional training/recurrency requirements throughout the year. The Pioneer Airport season runs Friday through Sunday in the months of May, September and October and seven days per week from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Therefore weekday availability is especially helpful.
To volunteer, complete the application form and submit via:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (please include "Volunteering" in the subject line)
- Mail: EAA Aviation Center, Attn: Human Resources, P.O. Box 3086, Oshkosh, WI 54903-3086
Equal Opportunity Employer