Open Position - Publications Intern
Title: Publications Intern
Reports To: Managing Editor
Status: Non-exempt, full-time internship
Location: Oshkosh, WI
An interesting and challenging opportunity for a student seeking a career in journalism to learn more about print and electronic publishing. This position will be a combination of administrative duties as well as a variety of journalism tasks, as the intern demonstrates abilities.
ROLES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Writing and editing assignments for print and web
- Produce assigned sections of the magazine each month
- Contact members/contributors for photos or other materials to complete articles
- Assist with weekly e-Hotline preparation
- Proof final pages for EAA Sport Aviation
- Assist in production of the digital edition of EAA Sport Aviation and its web components
- Other general administrative duties as assigned
- College student majoring in journalism or related field
- Working knowledge of AP Style
- Good writing and editing skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficiency in MS Word and Adobe Acrobat required, proficiency in Excel and Adobe Photoshop preferred
- Able to work independently
- Attention to detail: Completes and maintains high level of accuracy in even the smallest aspects of assigned tasks; tolerates significant amounts of detailed work; consistently reviews work to detect errors
- Show adaptability: Works effectively in situations involving ambiguity, shifting priorities, and rapid change; demonstrates resilience and composure in trying circumstances; deals constructively with mistakes and setbacks; copes effectively with stress and pressure.
- Show drive and initiative: Sets challenging goals and puts a top priority on getting results; conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure; persists in the face of obstacles; demonstrates initiative and sets high personal standards of performance; maintains a consistent, high level of productivity; is committed to the organization.
- Learn continuously: Engages in a continuous learning process by focusing on top-priority learning objectives; spends time each day on learning and development; reflects on both successful and unsuccessful experiences; learns from others' feedback and ideas and transfers learning into next steps.
Please direct any employment questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also may mail your application, resume, and cover letter to our office:
Experimental Aircraft Association
P.O. Box 3086
Oshkosh, WI 54903-3086
Equal Opportunity Employer