Open Position - Maintenance Worker I/Groundskeeper
Title: Maintenance Worker I/Groundskeeper
Department: South Maintenance
Reports To: Building Supervisor
Status: Full-time, seasonal
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Performs all aspects of general maintenance duties with in the organization, on EAA grounds and affiliated buildings working under general supervision. Works closely with preparations and tear down of hosted events. Performs other duties assigned. Employee is required to exercise initiative, and good judgment in the performance of duties
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for general maintenance duties on property maintained by EAA.
- Responsible for operation of various types of equipment; machinery, and vehicles of all types, to perform maintenance duties.
- Perform minor carpentry work.
- Perform various painting projects.
- Fencing assembly which may include chain link, snow fence and split rail
- Perform various concrete work and asphalt repair.
- Loading and unloading of vehicles and equipment.
- General clean up, to EAA standards, of vehicles, equipment, buildings and grounds as directed.
- Assistance with construction projects as needed.
- Servicing of toilet facilities as required.
- Assist with event preparations and takedown of facilities for use during AirVenture and other special events.
- Maintain Aviation Center grounds (i.e., cutting grass, raking leaves, tree trimming).
- Performs minor repairs of buildings and building contents
- Responsible for performing cleaning duties within and outside the Aviation Center and building affiliated with museum operations. This may include window washing; carpet cleaning, painting, scrubbing and waxing floors.
- Embraces and supports the EAA mission and performs safe practices in the workplace and aviation environment.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record. A CDL is a plus
- Ability to perform manual labor, lift up to 75 lbs., standing or sitting for extended periods of time, bending, and working above ground or on irregular surfaces.
- Work involves exposure to changing elements, such as warm or cold temperatures, dirt, dust, odors, and/or elevated noise levels.
- Knowledge of operations of loaders, tractors, forklifts and related maintenance equipment
- Computer skills of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include some evenings and weekends.
- A CDL is a plus
- Federal Medical Card is a plus
- Knowledge of building and general maintenance practices
- Work independently with limited supervision
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Plan and organize work to meet schedules and timelines in an environment with constantly changing priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge/ability to follow all safety rules and regulations
- Strong work ethic, including the ability to work extended hours, and weekends during required periods
- Ability to create and layout various tasks.
Please direct any employment questions to email@example.com.
You also may mail your application, resume, and cover letter to our office:
Experimental Aircraft Association
P.O. Box 3086
Oshkosh, WI 54903-3086
Equal Opportunity Employer