Open Position - Event Administration Intern
Title: Event Administration Intern
Department: Event Administration
Reports To: Manager, Event Administration
Status: 20-40 hours, seasonal
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Provide administrative support to the Event Administration Department, with emphasis on the delivery of excellent service to members, volunteers, outside suppliers and employees. Along with other members of the Event Administration Team, ensure orders are filled and ready for distribution to admission sales locations as well as individual employee and volunteer Chairperson areas.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write out vehicle passes, count out admission passes and record data for various areas of AirVenture operations, including admission sales locations, employee and volunteer areas of operation
- Enter pass information into database or spreadsheet as completed
- Fulfill and respond to AirVenture attendee, member and EAA staff requests and inquires via phone, email and in person
- Assist volunteer Chairpersons and EAA staff with various requests prior to and during AirVenture
- Embraces and supports the EAA mission and performs safe practices in the workplace and aviation environment.
- All other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent. Some college, technical school training or equivalent work experience preferred
- Working knowledge of all basic MS Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc) Experience working with databases preferred
- Professional attitude and the ability to work effectively in a team-oriented and fast paced environment
- Ability to deal effectively, tactfully and pleasantly with members, volunteers and employees
- Ability to work a flexible schedule prior to and during AirVenture
- Occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs, standing or sitting for extended periods of time, bending on an occasional basis
Attention to Details: Completes and maintains high level of accuracy of even the smallest aspects of assigned tasks; tolerates significant amounts of detailed work; consistently reviews work to detect errors; quickly and accurately identifies differences when comparing letters, objects, numbers, symbols and/or patterns.
Show Adaptability: Works effectively in situations involving ambiguity, shifting priorities, and rapid change; demonstrates resilience and composure in trying circumstances; deals constructively with mistakes and setbacks; copes effectively with stress and pressure.
Create Member Loyalty: Understands the member’s requirements and expectations; delivers on commitments to members; provides value and ensures exceptional member experiences; seeks feedback from members; effectively recovers from mistakes; removes barriers to customer service; builds a member-focused team.
Listen Attentively: Demonstrates genuine interest and empathy; listens patiently and carefully to input; correctly interprets nonverbal behaviors; clarifies others’ points of view; and listens well in a group.
Establish and Build Relationships: Relates to others in an open, friendly, accepting and respectful manner; viewed as approachable and shows interest in others; develops and maintains high-quality relationships with manager, peers, and direct reports; demonstrates style flexibility when relating to a variety of people and situations; uses formal and informal networks to get things done; identifies and cultivates relationships with key colleagues and stakeholders in other parts of the organization; builds and maintains appropriate contacts and networks with people in the industry or profession.
Spreadsheet Skills: Demonstrates working knowledge of spreadsheet software; prepares spreadsheets to capture numerical/other informational data.
Word Processing Skills: Demonstrates working knowledge of word processing software; prepares memos, documents and information for presentation and communication.
Typical office setting. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Please direct any employment questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also may mail your application, resume, and cover letter to our office:
Experimental Aircraft Association
P.O. Box 3086
Oshkosh, WI 54903-3086
Equal Opportunity Employer