Open Position - Business Development Intern
Title: Business Development Intern
Department: Business Relations
Reports To: Manager, Program Fulfillment
Status: Full-time, seasonal
Location: Oshkosh, WI
EAA’s Business Development Assistant is responsible for providing required support related to department AirVenture activities.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support logistics for special events, activities and programs during AirVenture
- Work directly with sponsors to assist with any questions or concerns leading up to and during the event.
- Take lead on project work such as researching sponsors, creating dossiers, and organizing key inventory for events.
- Support the Business Development Department in administrative and clerical tasks such as merging, consolidating and maintaining the department filing system’s electronic and hard copies.
- Assisting with opening and distributing department mail, answering phones, ordering supplies, copying, mailings, data entry, and assisting with partner fulfillment.
- Embraces and supports the EAA mission and performs safe practices in the workplace and aviation environment.
- All other duties as assigned
- Student pursuing a degree in Marketing, Sales, Hospitality or related field
- Proficient with MS Office Suite and data entry
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Strong organization and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and follow up consistently
- Email and phone etiquette
- Professional demeanor and positive attitude
- Previous office experience preferred
- Previous AirVenture volunteer experience a plus
Attention to Details: Completes and maintains high level of accuracy of even the smallest aspects of assigned tasks; tolerates significant amounts of detailed work; consistently reviews work to detect errors; quickly and accurately identifies differences when comparing letters, objects, numbers, symbols and/or patterns
Listen Attentively: Demonstrates genuine interest and empathy; listens patiently and carefully to input; correctly interprets nonverbal behaviors; clarifies others’ points of view; and listens well in a group.
Show Drive and Initiative: Sets challenging goals and puts a top priority on getting results; conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure; persists in the face of obstacles; demonstrates initiative and sets high personal standards of performance; maintains a consistent, high level of productivity; is committed to the organization
Create Member Loyalty: Understands the member’s requirements and expectations; delivers on commitments to members; provides value and ensures exceptional member experiences; seeks feedback from members; effectively recovers from mistakes; removes barriers to customer service; builds a member-focused team
Typical office setting. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Please direct any employment questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also may mail your application, resume, and cover letter to our office:
Experimental Aircraft Association
P.O. Box 3086
Oshkosh, WI 54903-3086
Equal Opportunity Employer