Open Position - Bartender
Department: Events and Hospitality
Reports To: Manager, Food and Beverage
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Initiates and implements best practices in customer service while working as an ambassador for Aviation. In addition, the position serves to cultivate an active interest in EAA as the premier venue for aviation, educational programming and as a gathering place for the community.
Under the supervision of the Manager of Food and Beverage and the general supervision of the Director of Events and Hospitality, this position is responsible for the set up, execution, and clean up of the bar operations for any internal and external events.
Include the following and may include other duties assigned:
- Able to set and tear down a portable bar location.
- Maintains a guest focus while performing duties
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality guests' experience.
- Take beverage orders from guests.
- Prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks consistent with EAA's standard drink recipes.
- Record drink orders accurately and immediately after receipt into the register system.
- Accept guest payment, process credit card charges and make change (if applicable).
- Wash and sterilize glassware.
- Prepare garnishes for drinks.
- Maintains bottles and glasses in an attractive and functional manner to support efficient drink preparation and promotion of beverages.
- Present drink menus, make specific recommendations and answer questions regarding beverages.
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the bar including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves and storage areas.
- Assist the restocking and replenishment of bar inventory and supplies.
- * Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
- * Attends all scheduled employee meetings and training.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge about alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks.
- Strong verbal communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to deal effectively, tactfully, and pleasantly with participants, staff, visitors, and guests
- Be 18 years of age.
- Must possess a positive attitude and work well with other team members.
- Must have the ability to handle money and operate a point-of-sale system.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).
- Be able to safely lift and easily maneuver portable bar locations and beverage product.
- Be willing to follow direction and ask questions for clarification if needed.
- Be able to work in a fast paced catering environment
- A Wisconsin Responsible Beverage Server Training Certificate
- A City of Oshkosh Operators License
Please direct any employment questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also may mail your application, resume, and cover letter to our office:
Experimental Aircraft Association
P.O. Box 3086
Oshkosh, WI 54903-3086
Equal Opportunity Employer